The Story of Care Ambassador programme is a creative communications incubator. You will use your voice in interesting, creative ways to talk about the story of care, past and present. The programme is open to care-experienced young people, aged 16-24, who have previously participated in a Voices Through Time creative project.
Here’s how it works:
- We will offer you skills training in exchange for a piece of ‘creative comms’ each month – that could be anything from an illustration to a poem to a short vlog. You will be a Coram volunteer, and will create something special for Coram’s social media channels as part of our #RealStoriesOfCare campaign.
- Over the four months of the Story of Care Ambassadors programme, you will receive training in four key areas: audio production (e.g. podcasting), video production (e.g. TikTok), photography and writing (e.g. poetry). Coram’s Communications Team will deliver training workshops alongside external specialist organisations.
This amazing opportunity will enable you to create content that you are genuinely excited by, and that will be an excellent addition to your CV.
The programme will start in the summer holidays (24 July) and run for four months, July-October 2023. You will attend one workshop and one check-in session per month. You will produce your creative comms outputs in your own time.
The training sessions will run on the following dates:
- Monday 24 July (5 – 7 pm)
- Monday 21 August (5 – 7 pm)
- Monday 25 September (5 – 7 pm)
- Monday 30 October (5 – 7 pm)
There will be check-ins arranged for the middle of each month, starting in August (exact dates/times to be confirmed).
We would love for your content to be a dialogue between the past and present of care, and so we will guide you through engaging with stories of real children who lived at the Foundling Hospital, just like you did in your creative project.
How to apply
To apply to become a Story of Care Ambassador, you must have participated in a previous Voices Through Time project, be a London resident aged 16-24, and have experience of the care system.
Applications for this programme are now closed.
The Story of Care Ambassadors programme is part of the Voices Through Time: The Story of Care programme, made possible by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.