Project 1 – A journey through the history of care
Come and join the Coram’s Voices Though Time team working to create a Story of Care that dates back to the 1700s through to today and beyond. Help us provide greater public understanding of the care system processes and the impact these have on the young people that use it – you! Come and create your own goal map and learn goal mapping skills to set, achieve and become an expert in successfully achieving your personal goals in 2020 (no matter how big or small!) over the Easter Holidays in 6 workshops.
|Mon 6 April||11am to 4pm|
|Tue 7 April||11am to 4pm|
|Wed 8 April||11am to 4pm|
|Tue 14 April||11am to 4pm|
|Wed 1 April||11am to 4pm|
|Thur 16 April||11am to 4pm|
Follow John Beard born 19th January 1760 and other Foundling children, learn about their care experiences of the UK’s first children’s charity by looking at historical documents and artefacts. Help us to bring John’s story to life in 2020, tell us what advice you would give John to reach his full potential and create his personal goal map.
- All travel expensive paid by the Voices Through Time Team!
- Lunch provided
- Behind the scenes of tour of London Metropolitan Archives – where the really old items are held
- Specialist talks
- Trip to the Foundling Museum – see a bed the children slept on
- Meet other care experienced young people
- Debate & discuss
- Contribute to an online timeline of the history of care
- Look at similarities and differences in time and experiences
- Have fun whiles creativity planning what goals you will make reality in 2020
- Get your voice heard
- Making tomorrows history, todays…..
We have limited spaces, so please get your young people sign up as soon as possible as not to miss out
For more information or to sign up please contact:
DD: 020 7520 8187